Scrum 101- A simple guide to Scrum
Perfect for anyone new to Scrum who needs gain a thorough understanding of the Scrum concepts and get up to speed quickly
What will you learn?
- A fundamental understanding of Scrum theory, definitions and the Scrum Values as per the Scrum guide
- A thorough review of the 3 roles, the 5 events and the 3 artifacts that make up Scrum
- An A to Z of Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master, 100% focused on the current Scrum Guide,the definitive guide to Scrum. Anything else just isn’t Scrum!
- This new course, developed in 2019 is specifically designed around the latest Scrum guide.
- Learn how to get a Certification in Scrum without paying out thousands of dollars
- A deep dive into the history of Scrum focusing on topics like Lean, Waterfall and the emergence of Agile
- A combination of animated videos, audio, fact-sheets and quizzes to breakdown Scrum / Scrum Master and present it in a way that helps you to fully understand Scrum
Top companies offer our course to their employees.
Over 5000 students to date
We have partnered with the Udemy.com platform to provide you with a range of courses focused on Scrum at all levels
The course costs £94.99, but keep an eye on it as I do frequent discounts! But you must click on the green buttons. The link will go straight to the course with the discount included
Section 1: An Overview of Scrum
- Lecture 1: Who should take this course?
- Lecture 2: History of Agile and Lean
- Lecture 3: Empiricism and the three pillars
- Lecture 4: The Scrum Values
- Lecture 5: Bonus Video: What is the Waterfall Model in Project Management
- Lecture 6: Notes: What is Scrum?
- Lecture 7: Notes: History and Uses of Scrum
- Quiz 1: Scrum Overview
Section 2: High Level View of Scrum
- Lecture 8: The Scrum Framework
Section 3: Scrum Roles
- Lecture 9: Roles overview
- Lecture 10: Product Owner
- Lecture 11: Development Team
- Lecture 12: Development Team Size
- Lecture 13: Scrum Master
- Lecture 14: The Scrum Master’s relationship with all parties
- Quiz 2: Scrum Roles
Section 4: Scrum Events
- Lecture 15: Events Overview
- Lecture 16: The Sprint
- Lecture 17: Sprint Planning
- Lecture 18: The Sprint Goal
- Lecture 19: The Daily Scrum
- Lecture 20: The Sprint Review
- Lecture 21: The Sprint Retrospective
- Lecture 22: Notes: Cancelling the Sprint
- Quiz 3: Scrum Events
Section 5: Scrum Artifacts
- Lecture 23: Scrum Artifacts Overview
- Lecture 24: Product Backlog
- Lecture 25: The Sprint Backlog
- Lecture 26: Notes: Sprint Backlog
- Lecture 27: The increment
- Lecture 28: The Definition of Done (DOD)
- Lecture 29: Definitions of Done Relationships
- Lecture 30: Monitoring Progress towards a goal
- Lecture 31: Notes: Monitoring Progress towards a Goal
- Quiz 4: Scrum Artifacts
Section 6: Additional Information
- Lecture 32: An overview on Scrum Master certifications
- Lecture 33: Bonus -10 things to consider on day one of Scrum
- For any Scrum student who is entering an agile environment for the first time, this is a great introduction Perfect preparation course for students who are preparing to take their initial Scrum Master certification exams
- Scrum Masters and for agile practitioners who want to have a complete and thorough grounding of the Scrum guide, the scrum body of knowledge
- For any student who does not wish to spend a thousand plus of dollars to get up to speed in Scrum, then this is the course for you
Perhaps, you are new to agile or maybe you are about to take your first Scrum Master certification exam, then this is the course for you.
We have built the course for Scrum Masters and for agile practitioners who want to have a complete and thorough grounding of the Scrum guide, the scrum body of knowledge.
It focuses on all aspects from Scrum history, definition, theory and Values and moving to deep dive into the the 3 Scrum roles, the 5 Scrum events and the 3 Scrum Artifacts.
You should take this course if you want a thorough grounding of what scrum is, either as a beginner, perhaps joining an agile environment for the first time or perhaps as a Scrum team member
We also designed the course to act as the core learning tool to utilise, before sitting your first scrum master qualifications. We have also designed another course which provides over 120 exam questions and answers. We believe the two go hand in hand. Our aim is that at the end, you will be able to pass an exam (like the professional Scrum master (PSM1) exam*)
This new course, developed in 2019 is specifically designed around the Scrum guide, the definitive Scrum body of knowledge. We use a combination of animation videos, audio, fact-sheets and quizzes to breakdown Scrum and the Scrum Master role and present it in a way that helps you to fully understand Scrum and also, the information needed to pass any certification exam based on the Scrum guide.
*Please note, we are not affiliated with Scrum dot org or the Scrum Alliance etc. Though our course is perfectly suited to those about to take their initial Scrum Master certification